Caregiving on a part-time, on-going basis
Part-time Personal Support Services
Bahay CAREgiver Services provides families with caregivers who are needed on a part-time and on-going basis. Part-time caregivers are for families that need a caregiver for a minimum of 20 hours per month over at least a two-month period. For example, families may only need a caregiver for the weekends; one-day a week or a few hours a day.
Sometimes a family requires a caregiver to provide part-time care. We provide part-time care needed for non-medical support for seniors either living in their own home or currently residing in a long-term care facility.
Part-time care is usually determined by the following:
- Current living arrangements and proximity to other services (shopping, medical offices, parks etc)
- Level of independence of the care recipients (including overall health and mobility).
- Type of care required; for example, part-time care usually involves the following services: light housekeeping, assistance with outside trips/appointments (doctor’s visits etc), companionship, assistance with dressing and bathing, and cooking.
- Support received from other family members, relatives or friends.
Finding a caregiver that can provide part-time support can be very challenging. Bahay CAREgiver Service has extensive experience in scheduling part-time care that ensures high-quality and consistent care on a part-time basis.
- We have a rigorous screening process that selects only the most qualified caregivers for your part-time caregiving requirements;
- Many of our caregivers have worked for us for many years and can be relied upon to provide flexibility to their work hours and the demands of providing quality care on a part-time basis;
- We create a care-plan that suites the part-time needs of you and your loved one.
- We have the experience of working with long-term care facilities to provide additional care to your loved ones currently residing in a long-term care facility. Some of our families hire our caregivers to help with their elderly parent’s transition to their new home in a long-term care facility or they want our caregivers to provide additional support beyond what the long-term care facility can provide.
Please contact us to further discuss whether a part-time caregiver is the right option for your loved ones.
We charge an hourly rate of $28. This rate includes the following:
- WSIB – Workplace Safety and Insurance Board – premiums are paid by Bahay CAREgiver Services directly to WSIB. We do so in order to ensure the protection of our caregivers’ health and well-being.
- CPP and EI – are paid by Bahay CAREgiver Services
- Generous wages paid to our caregivers. Bahay CAREgiver ensures wages are paid to retain the best and most qualified caregivers.
We are also bonded and licensed care providers.
What our clients have said:
“We did not want to send our father to a retirement/nursing home but we knew that his declining mobility and health meant he could no longer function on his own. We called Maria who quickly and efficiently provided us with part-time caregiver.”
“Thank you so much for your friendly, personable and professional help.”
– M.N. Kingston