The current pandemic has challenged all of us to protect our health as well as those around us. Bahay CAREgiver Services is continuing to monitor and abide by all public health regulations with respect to COVID-19. Now, more than ever, Bahay CAREgiver Services is dedicated to providing a care option that can enable elderly persons to live in their own homes and minimize their chance of coming into contact with COVID-19.
For more information regarding resources to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are provided by the Ontario Government at www.ontario.ca/page/resources-prevent-covid-19-workplace
Other important sources of information regarding services for the elderly are provided by the following organizations.
- Senior Association of Kingston – seniorskingston.ca
- The Frontenac-Kingston Council on Aging – councilonagingkingston.org
- Health Canada – Just for Seniors – www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/healthy-living/just-for-you/seniors.html
- South East (Ontario) Health line – www.southeasthealthline.ca/index.aspx
Military Families and Veterans
Bahay CAREgiver Services has provided caregivers to military families with young children. Resources for Military Families in Kingston can be found at:
Bahay CAREgiver Services accepts payment from veterans with a VAC card. More information about obtaining a VAC Card can be found at Veterans Affairs Canada
Other useful links:
For employers hiring full-time caregivers.
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Ontario Ministry of Labour Employment Standards